Are you looking for a job that will benefit West Virginia’s local food system? We’ve just got word that our friends at WVU Foodlink are hiring three Food Justice Outreach Coordinators. See the job description below!
Food Justice Outreach Coordinator
WV FOODLINK Department of Geology & Geography West Virginia University
Description WV FOODLINK is hiring three Food Justice Outreach Coordinators as nine month positions (10-20 hours/week) over the 2015-2016 academic year. Work will be conducted from the Food Justice Lab housed in West Virginia University’s Department of Geology and Geography. The primary focus of the position is to assist the WV FOODLINK director to organize the public outreach component of the project’s research output, including the coordination of a statewide food justice conference in the Spring of 2016. The position also involves maintaining regular communication with food access and antihunger stakeholders across West Virginia and bringing them into conversation with WV FOODLINK’s ongoing research findings.
- Organize and coordinate a statewide conference in Spring 2016.
- Coordinate four regional meetings across West Virginia.
- Promote the http://foodlink.wvu.edu website.
- Develop and maintain a WV FOODLINK listserv.
- Develop and put systems in place among other staff members for the publication of a quarterly newsletter.
- Maintain and enhance WV FOODLINK social network presence.
- Attend regular Monday morning staff meetings from 8:45AM 10:30AM
- Minimum one year of professional experience, preferably in a community outreach role.
- Current focus in relevant field (ie. public administration, social work, journalism, community development…).
- Must have the capacity to work independently and creatively to implement and execute broad directives.
- Experience using social media (ie. facebook, twitter etc.) and webbased outreach tools (ie. mailchimp) in a professional capacity.
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Comfortable cold calling and extending invitations by phone and email.
- Special events planning experience.
- Social services sector experience
- Food Systems experience
- Qualitative research experience.Compensation: $15/hr.
Please submit resume & cover letter to email@example.com by August 21st, 2015 at 5pm.