- Will You Be The Alderson Food Hub’s Newest AmeriCorps Volunteer?
Will You Be The Alderson Food Hub’s Newest AmeriCorps Volunteer?
Alderson Community Food Hub AmeriCorps Volunteer
One year position, beginning in September 2015
- Build producer network and expanded outlets for local product
- Encourage broad community participation in Food Hub programs
- Leverage volunteers in support of Food Hub programming and activities
- Provide assistance to the Food Hub as a dynamic, grassroots organization supporting the local food economy and community food security
- Ability to multi-task and manage time efficiently
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Completes tasks independently
- Excellent computer skills, proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Proficiency with social media and other web-based applications (e.g. GoogleDocs)
- High School degree, GED, or an agreement to graduate high school before using the Segal Education Award
Program Benefits: AmeriCorps members will be provided:
- A living stipend
- A Segal Education award (upon completion of service)
- Travel assistance to trainings and service sites
- Loan forbearance (for qualified loans, if applicable and requested)
- Health Insurance (if applicable and requested)
Position begins as soon as candidate is recruited.
Alderson Community Food Hub is a partner AmeriCorps site of High Rocks Educational Corporation.